Friday, January 7, 2011

"Unbroken"

Reading a really great book, "Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand.  Josh and Becky gave it to me for Christmas. It's nice when a son likes the same books I like.  A great book - not an easy book to read.  It hurts to know what some of our servicemen and women endure.  The human spirt and man's faith are amazing.  Can we ever really appreciate what some have given for our freedom?

Freedom to...
Choose.

Do things I love to do.
Do things I should do and even the things I shouldn't do.
Love.  Laugh.  Live.
Our freedom - ensured at great cost by so many.
The cost paid not only by those who lost their lives, but by those who came home broken in body or spirit.  Those who endured and were broken.  And those who remain "Unbroken".  Thank you.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment