Saturday, October 2, 2010

October 1 - Reno to Las Vegasw

We left Reno at 7:45 this morning.  Another really beautiful day.

Walker Lake - we have seen so many beautiful, huge lakes.

We stopped at a couple of places for Lester to look for "collectibles".  I found three small pieces of Opalescent Blue Hobnail depression glass to add to my collection.  Mom gave me pieces of this collection every time she found some so it is special to me. 

We passed by the Naval Undersea Warfare Center in Hawthorne Nevada - wonder what that's all about?

We also drove by Hawthorne Army Ammunition Depot  - the largest ammunition storage depot in the country. There are 3,500 buildings on the 147,000 acre main facility,  includes 2,427 munitions storage igloos a $68 million, 13 building complex that processes and recycles outdated munitions; and a 700-acre bomb disposal site.

We arrived in Las Vegas about 4:00 this afternoon.  We're staying at the Stratosphere - really nice room - I think they're refurbished recently.  Nice to be settled in one place for a few days.

Lester went to see Zac and Eva tonight.  I decided to stay in and relax.  I'll see them in a day or two.

6600 miles is a lot of driving in 13 days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment