Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Beautiful Utah

We left Las Vegas at 7:30 this morning. 
Our drive across Utah on Highway 70 is one of the most beautiful areas I've ever seen.  It seems surreal - I could almost believe I was on the moon or on another planet.  It also reminded us of old cowboy movies - they must have filmed some in these mountains.  Huge rocks in such unusual formations.

We went to Arches National Park.  It was great but really not much better than just driving on Highway 70.  There are some unusal rock arches and weird formations.  One of them reminds me of the Three Wise Men in a nativity scene.We drove on to Rifle, Colorado.  Ken would love it here - a real hunter's paradise.  I read that it is the 3rd best place in the country for Elk hunting. 

We're enjoying each day and seeing beautiful parts of our country.  I think I will be ready to stay home for a while when we get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment