Monday, April 29, 2013

Quilt City, USA - Paducah, Kentucky

I thought I was going to a quilt show last week - it really was more than a quilt show.  The whole town of Paducah turns into "Quilt City".  We saw a man with a superman cape made from a quilt!

Truly amazing quilts - 
Mobs of people - 
Hundreds of vendors selling all kinds of temptation for quilters.
Hancock's of Paducah was like another quilt show.  Lots more shopping temptation.
The Rotary Antique Signature Quilt Show was another great show.

I think Beverly and I exercised remarkable restraint - didn't have to pawn our wedding rings or sell the car.  Just added a few more projects to our list.

Kentucky does things a little differently - we went to a store that was inside a huge warehouse type building - just drove right into the building and parked!  

It's a long drive to Paducah.  An especially long drive home Saturday - rained all the way home.

Of course I had my own personal driver!  Beverly drove all the way home - I leaned back and relaxed.  What a friend.






No comments:

Post a Comment