Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A Few Days on the Carolina Coast

Anyone know what these fields of yellow blossoms are?


The Clam Chowder Festival at Carolina Beach was really fun - music, beautiful weather and delicious clam chowder to sample.  Just a nice relaxing afternoon.  We drove from there through Georgetown and on toward Charleston.  We drove through 
Isle of Palms because we had not been there - just another pretty beach town.  I keep looking for those small beach towns from the past.  Tell me if you know of some.

When we are in the area we always go to Calabash - a little shopping and dinner in one of the many seafood restaurants.  




Charleston was beautiful with all the spring flowers and trees.  We found a parking space for Elsewhere on the street!  and enjoyed walking for a couple of hours.  There were three outdoor weddings taking place - two in Battery Park
Charleston Tea Plantation


Patriots Point is always a great place if you're patriotic or interested in military history.  
The drive to Wadmalaw Island was nice - like a step back in time.  The Charleston Tea Plantation is really interesting - we took the trolley tour.  It is the only place in the country where tea is commercially grown.  Met some nice people from England who insisted I should try milk in my tea - I did - don't think I like it.



Charleston Tea Plantation
I really wanted to go to Firefly Distillery - they make Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka - Southerners really like their sweet tea.  We were in the area on Monday and they were closed.  My two Seestahs and I were there a couple of years ago - a fun place to visit even if you don't buy their Vodka.

Life is good.

These were in our yard when we got home.


  




No comments:

Post a Comment